Website privacy statement
The website is offered by Bliot Oy (“Bliot”). The expressions “we”, “us”, “ours” etc. used in the privacy statement refer to Bliot. The expressions “you”, “your” etc. refer to you as the user of the website regardless of whether you have registered or not. Read the privacy statement of this website carefully and do not use the website if you do not accept all the policies described in it. Also, do not use this website if you are under 14 years of age. We know that your personal data is important to you and it is also important to us. That is why we process personal data carefully and sensibly. This website privacy statement describes the collection, processing and use of your personal data when you visit or register on our website.
- What is personal data?
- Who is responsible for processing your personal data correctly?
- What do we do with your personal data?
- What personal data do we collect, process and use?
- For what reason and with whom do we share personal data?
- Is personal data transferred abroad?
- What else do we do to protect your personal data?
- How long do we store the personal data?
- What other choices can I make regarding data protection?
- Why do we e-mail you?
- Links to other websites
- How do we inform about changes made to the website privacy statement?
- Contact us
What is personal data?
The term “personal data” used in this statement refers to any data related to you as a user of our website regardless of whether you have given us the data, it has been gathered from you or has it been obtained by other means.
Who responsible for processing your personal data correctly?
As the website provider, Bliot is the responsible data processor of your personal data which we store, collect, process and which is connected to your use of the website or is obtained by other means.
What do we do with your personal data?
We collect, process and use your personal data only for the following purposes:
- To manage, use, maintain and develop the website
- To enable the ordering of products and services through the website and to process the orders
- To offer you a more individual user experience on our website
- To assess whether certain kinds of offers, products and services are suitable for you
- To develop the website, our marketing, products and service and to make them more individual
- For data analysis and customer research including general market researches and the mapping of customer needs and opinions in certain matters, to increase sales and website traffic and for assessing the efficiency of advertising in an anonymous way (e.g. by merging data) or individually (in the scope allowed by law)
- To answer your questions and requests
- To offer information about products and services you may be interested in through different marketing channels e.g. by mail, e-mail, fax, newsletter, text or multimedia message, on social media, through online advertising and search engine advertising also including sending promotional material to you about specific Bliot products and services (direct marketing).
- To inform you about other matters (e.g. sending reminders, technical notifications, updates, security notifications, support and maintenance messages and service bulletins)
- To manage actions and events connected with prizes, researches, draws, competitions and other sales promotions
- To conform to legal demands, stop the illegal use of the website, resolve arguments and fulfil contracts
- Other purposes to which you have agreed to and which are legal. We will ask for your consent as required by law before collecting, processing and using your personal data for the abovementioned purposes. If we want to use your personal data for some new or other purpose, we will notify you and only use your information for such a purpose if required or allowed to do so by law or if you have consented to it. Only a limited number of Bliot employees have access to your personal data for the abovementioned purposes.
What personal data do we collect, process and use?
The personal data we collect, process and use in connection with the use of the website does not only consist of data we actively gather during your use of the website but also of the data you voluntarily give us in several other connections (e.g. when sending e-mails to our customer service, when filling out a web form etc.). That is why we cannot comprehensively list all the personal data we might collect, process or use. Usually this personal data consists of e.g.:
- Name and address
- Contact information (phone number, e-mail address etc.)
- Name, address, department, contact information and other information about the company you might represent as well as your job in said company
- Username and password
- User profile information
- User preferences (e.g. language settings)
- IP address, operating system, browser type, version and settings, name of internet connection service provider and other information pertaining to hardware and connection, which is needed for defining the hardware type, connecting to the website, enabling information exchange between you and the device and to ensure the appropriate operation of the website
- URL and IP addresses of the website from which you came or from which you were directed to our website, including date and time
- Subpages and links you open on our website, including date and time
- Comprehensive information from the website and any URLs used through it, including date and time
- Requests for quotations and made orders
- Keywords used
- Services and products viewed and searched for on the website
- Data gathered by cookies or other similar technology (defined in the following point)
- Given consents, authorisations etc.
- Answers to questionnaires, reviews, evaluations and other given feedback
- Content of communications made through the website, including data relating to website social media publications or data otherwise shared with Bliot or other users e.g. in chat messages and message copies
- All other data you have given on the website or uploaded to it (e.g. information on online forms).
“Cookies” are small amounts of information which the website transfers to your hard drive as extremely small text files. Cookies are used for storing information. Cookies can make using the website easier by storing your website preferences. Cookies themselves do not recognise users although they recognise the user’s computer. We and third-party service providers may also use pixel tags (web beacons, web bugs and clear GIFs) on our website and in our e-mails. A pixel tag is an almost invisible graphic picture the size of a pixel on a website or in an e-mail.
After registration you may be asked, for example, to log in to the service every time you return to our website. When choosing the automatic log in option, the cookies recognise the computer you are using, and you can log in automatically. There is no need to remember your username or password. We and third-party service providers collect, for example, the following data using cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies: actions you take regarding our website or adverts; products you add to the shopping cart and information regarding buying or rejecting them; confirmation of opening the e-mail you have received from us, including time of opening and information regarding the message’s links you open; websites you visited after leaving our website. We may collect your personal data directly through our social media pages e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and others. The supporting website of our social media pages may also collect information. Our privacy statement does not apply to the privacy and security policies of the social media pages used by Bliot.
Bliot uses the following cookie types and technologies in connection to the website:
For what reason and with whom do we share personal data?
We may share your personal data for the abovementioned purposes with third parties. We do not sell, exchange, rent, disclose or otherwise share your personal data in other ways than described in the following or in a way you agree to separately (e.g. if you give your consent to the transfer of other kinds of data by using certain services). We may collect customer data pertaining to the use of the website which helps us develop our website. We may, for example, process collected information in order to determine the parts of our website most used by customers. We carefully follow the applicable laws in sharing personal data. Parties who may receive your personal data are:
- Third-party service providers: We may use third-party service providers (companies or persons from whom we purchase services) to perform certain tasks for us according to our instructions. These are, for example, database administration, maintaining services, web analysis, answering e-mails etc., delivering orders, mailing and e-mailing, removal of repetitive unnecessary information from customer databases, data analysis, assistance in sales and marketing, handling credit card payments and customer service. Third-party service providers may be, for example, information technology companies, credit card payment processors, credit classification companies, companies providing legal services or financial advice or other consultants. A third-party service provider will only have access to personal data needed to perform certain tasks and the data is only used for these tasks. We ensure that third-party service providers understand and follow these obligations. In addition, we ensure that all third-party service providers process your personal data with the care required by applicable data protection laws at the least and follow appropriate technical and organisational safety measures.
Other website users: If you publish on our website, we may disclose your personal data to other website users only when the feature used by you requires us to do so.
- Courts of law, enforcement authorities and regulatory authorities: We may disclose your personal data if we believe it to be necessary for following the law, to protect the rights and security of our website users other users or third parties (e.g. to prevent fraud). This may also be applied without limitations when we must disclose personal data because of legislature or at the order of a court of law, enforcement authority or regulatory authority. We carefully determine the authorised disclosure of personal data in these situations and we especially consider the effects the disclosure of personal data will have on the individual in question. If we decide to disclose personal data in these situations, we also consider using such means which limit the disclosure, for example modifying the disclosed information.
- Buyers: We may sell our website and our business either completely or partially when continually developing our business. In deals such as this, user data is usually included in the sellable assets of the business. However, the policies of the privacy statement are applied to the data unless you have agreed otherwise.
Is personal data transferred abroad?
The receivers of your personal data may be in any other country. The data protection laws of other countries may not protect your personal data as well as the corresponding laws of your home country. For example, if you live in an EU or ETA country or Switzerland, the recipient of the data may not be a safe country operating under the European Data Protection Directive (95/46/EY) or the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act. In these cases, Bliot will however take care of the adequate protection of your data by, for example, ensuring that the recipient follows the Safe Harbor principles (data recipient in USA) or by requiring that the recipient commits to following the so-called EU model contractual clauses, which are standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission for the sufficient safeguarding of personal data in international data transfers.
What else do we do to protect your personal data?
Bliot understands the importance of information security and wants the browsing of our website to be as safe as possible. We follow appropriate protective measures online or otherwise to protect your personal data, including technical and organisational means, which prevent the unauthorised or inappropriate use of data, modification of data, unauthorised or random destruction of data and accidental data erasure. However, we ask you to understand that while we strive to protect your personal data from possible risks and dangers, we cannot guarantee absolute safety in online activities. This is why we ask you to do your part in furthering data security by not disclosing any particularly sensitive or excessive information on our website. In addition, you can help us protect your personal data by signing out from the service after you have stopped using the password protected section of the site.
How long do we store the personal data?
We do not store your personal data for any longer than the legal use, applicable policies pertaining to data storage or applicable law requires or allows. The texts of our online customer service conversations are usually kept for up to 30 days.
What other choices can I make regarding data protection?
You may make several choices regarding the collection, processing, use and purposes of use of your data. These are, for example:
- You may use our website and its functions and features anonymously or using a screen name unless it is absolutely necessary to identify you (e.g. when making purchases).
- You may completely decline the disclosure of certain personal data, particularly when we ask for your consent for gathering information.
- You may, at any point, change or revoke all given consents pertaining to data protection and end the subscription of the newsletter and other subscription.
- You may, at any point, prohibit the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
- When registering, you may choose what personal data you wish to share with us. You may remove, add or update data in your profile by choosing “Edit profile”. If you decide to do so, we will keep a copy of your old data and may still use it for legal purposes in the corresponding scope.
Why do we e-mail you?
We may e-mail you e.g. in the following situations: You have subscribed to the newsletter or have subscribed to other marketing messages by us. You have purchased something from our website and we are contacting you with regard to the purchase. You have sent us a message and we are answering it.
We wish to send you updates, data protection notifications, warnings or other important information pertaining to our users. If you are registered user and wish to end the subscription of our marketing messages, you can change the corresponding settings by logging in to the “Edit profile” section of the service. You can also end your subscription by contacting us as per the instructions given in the “Contact us” section below.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. We do not monitor the sites behind these links. You visit these sites at your own risk. Bliot cannot take any responsibility and is in no way responsible or liable for these types of websites, their content or their data protection policies and we do not approve them. We ask you to read the privacy statements of these types of websites before disclosing any information or making any purchases. How do we inform about changes made to the website privacy statement? Our business is continually changing and therefore we sometimes have to change the privacy statement of our website. We publish the new version of the privacy statement on our website. A new version is recognisable from the version information at the bottom of the statement. If you continue the use of the website after the new version of the privacy statement has been released, you are accepting the new version.
We welcome your feedback. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy statement or the protection of your privacy online. You can also contact us if you would like to know what kind of personal data we are storing of you or if you wish to update, rectify or remove your personal data or prevent its future use or if you want to withdraw previously given consent or prohibit the creation of a personal user profile. You can contact us: E-mail: email@example.com
How do we inform about changes made to the website privacy statement?
Our business is continually changing and therefore we sometimes have to change the privacy statement of our website. We publish the new version of the privacy statement on our website. If you continue the use of the website after the new version of the privacy statement has been released, you are accepting the new version.